January 2018. One year is behind us; a new one has already begun.
During the last hours of December, I sat, as per my annual habit, in revered contemplation and, accompanied by the clock’s rhythmic thudding, I recounted last year’s presents, hidden in moments of joy and sadness alike. Overall, it was an interesting year: adventurous and, yet, occasionally gentle; joyful and, yet, sometimes bitter.
Inspired by some of 2017’s most meaningful memories, I focus now on the months to come. For, although gratitude is the cornerstone of a fulfilled life, anticipation for what is coming is the essence of joy – this child-like quality that keeps us young and enthused.
So, may 2018 be:
- Serene and peaceful like the Tuscan hills
- Sweet and warm like a cup of Bedouin tea
- Inspiring and adventurous like a mountain peak
- Dreamy and soft like the hues of the setting sun
- Untamed like the ancient forests of Samothrace
- Mystical like the myths surrounding the Sanctuary of the Great Gods
- Divine like the ancient cedars of Lebanon
- Intoxicating and aromatic like a glass of good, old wine
- Passionate like a work of art by Camille Claudel
- Sacred and spiritual like the energy that cascades down the Holy Rock of Athens
- Innocent and tender like the smile of a young girl
- Abundant and tasty like a dinner at home with family and friends
Happy New Year to all!
Photos: © Konstantina Sakellariou